Learning is not a product of schooling but the lifelong attempt to acquire it.
Skillshare is a community marketplace to learn anything from anyone. Our mission is to flip the traditional notion of education on its head and democratize learning. We are challenging the assumption that learning only occurs within the four walls of a classroom. Instead, we’ll tap into existing communities and networks, which are the world’s largest universities.
We believe that people care more about real-world skills than antiquated accreditation systems. Our communities are filled with these people who are great at what they do, whether it’s delivering a fantastic speech at a conference or baking a triple layer chocolate cake. Our vision is to unlock this knowledge and allow people to share their skills with those who want to learn them.
What Skillshare Believe
- Everyone is a teacher, and everyone has valuable knowledge to share.
- Learning should not stop when you graduate from school.
- Learning should happen in communities around shared interests and passions.
- Everyone has a lifelong right to enjoy learning new things.
- Learning should be fun and interesting!